Friday, August 31, 2007
Please pray that our people will follow the teaching of Christ.
Here’s what Jesus says in Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to Me all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you…” more to do… No. That’s not what it says! “I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me because I’m gentle and humble in spirit and you will find rest for your souls. For the yoke I will give you is easy and the load I will put on you is light.”
Pray that many will come out to our weekend services.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Pepe is a good friend, he is running for Presidente of Playa Del Carmen. Pepe and his wife Amy are in need of your prayers. They both love the Lord and are very active church members. Last week hurricane Dean severely damaged their home here in Paamul. Pepe has a good chance of winning the election. We have been praying for servant leadership for our city for some time now we ask you to pray for Pepe that God will protected him and give him wisdom as he goes through this campaign season.
Pastor Jose and Pastor Carlos
These two pastor from our church lead a team down to the hardest hit area 3 hours south of Playa today. Our church donated food clothing, generators and money to help those most effect by hurricane Dean. Pastor Jose reports tonight that the people in the Costa Maya were very thankful for the help. Jose said,"Many donations are now getting to the people and it looks like most of the basic needs are being met." The people have already started the long rebuilding process. Please continue to pray for these victims of hurricane Dean.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
PRAYER, is the key. Getting people to see it and pray believing it will become reality is the hardest part of launching big in Mexico.
We are looking for a Mariachi praise band and I am teaching Carlos to preach messages for live change...
We hope to launch this service in the city park Sept. 29th...
We got a lot of work to do in the next few weeks...
Monday, August 27, 2007
Sunday, August 26, 2007
I preached today in both services in Paamul we had about 60 people in our Spanish service. They said they loved it and they understood every word of my weak Spanish, next week I'm going to preach on lying.
Please pray for a movement of God with the same faith you prayed for the hurricane to move. Prayer is the key I'm sure of it...
Friday, August 24, 2007
· In both states all people have left shelters to return to their homes or family.
· 95% of the streets have been cleared for traffic.
· Water service to houses in Chetumal was restored today.
· 60% of the electricity has been restored to the city. Crews from all over Mexico are working in 24 hour shifts to restore power to the city. The power of the pastor’s house we are staying was restored yesterday morning. The government is promising to have all the power restored in a couple of more days in the city.
· There is cell phone service all over the city but some sectors still don’t have line service.
· Two gasoline stations are pumping gas in Chetumal with long lines. However 15 miles away we filled up at a station where there was no waiting line. The station in Bacalar was working off a generator.
· Several of the major banks have ATM machines already functioning.
· Supermarkets are open but some still don’t have electricity and are restocking. Even some restaurants are open.
· As Elizabeth and I got closer into Chetumal we saw the government in three different towns passing our tar paper roofing sheets and in Bacalar just outside Chetumal the Mexican Army had a portable kitchen serving hot meals. Also we saw a strong presence of the Mexican Red Cross in Felipe de Carrillo Puerto which is about a 150 km north of Chetumal
· Today the Salvation Army, the Red Cross and the Mexican Army were distributing food packets in Chetumal.
· We have also seen today Mexican Army distributing roofing sheets in Chetumal and Bacalar which are the two largest populated areas of the far south of the state of Quintana Roo.
· The Quintana Roo state government is trying to be transparent about what they still have in storage and published today what they yet have to distribute in the next few days. This is because of past mistakes and fraud in pervious relief efforts. They will distribute in the next few days in the affected area of the state of Quintana Roo: 14,740 food packets, 294,800 tar roofing sheet, 20,000 blankets, 21,900 light mattresses and 300 bottles of purified water.
· In the State of Campeche, which was not, as hard hit the government to date is distributing 24,000 food packets, 24,000 light mattresses, 6,000 packets of soap and cleansers.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
The flight from Houston was great we landed 5 minutes early and we got to go to front of the immigration line because we had FM2s, Mexico visas, our bags were the first ones off and we were out of the airport in record time. I thought to myself, you know living in Mexico is getting much easier all the time. And then Cris and Donna picked us up at the airport in our car and the car would not start…. We worked on it for a while, we think it has a short in the wiring. Anyway to make a long story short it finally started and we returned to Paamul and we could not get in the house for the all the stuff but we were really thankful we have stuff to move.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
It's a huge blessing to know that there are so many Christian that held us and this area up in prayer in the last few days. We love and appreciate you so much. Maybe we'll be able to do the same for you at a time when you need it, too. We would be privileged to do so. Just let us know!
In his love and care,
Cris and Donna
Monday, August 20, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Cris and Dona are still working to get the volunteer team out. We need your prayers. The first flight they can get will be at 5:00pm on Monday pray that the airport will remain open. We are thanking God for the great work this volunteer team has done helping get ready for the storm .
Darla and I are still in North Carolina, Today I spoke in Spring Garden Church, in New Bern, NC.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Volunteers from Crosspionte Church
Please pray that these volunteers can get out of the path of Dean by Monday. Pray also for our team in Playa, Dr. Dainel, Jose, Carlos, Cris, and Dona.
Pray for Darla and I as to share the vision and lead people to pray for the work in Playa. We will be at Spring Garden Baptist Church in New Bern NC tomorrow.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Cris and Donna work with our short-term volunteer teams in Playa Del Carmen. We have a short-term volunteer team in Paamul this week. They changed their flight cutting their trip short. They plan to leave on Monday this is the earliest flight they could get. Pray that they will be able to make this flight. Cris and Donna have will be riding out the storm in Playa Del Carmen.
Darla and I plan to be back on Wed. We are planning to fly to Houston on Tuesday to meet with church leader thier.
The storm is gaining strength it is now at 145 mp winds. WE KNOW THAT GOD LOVES US!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Pray also for all the family effected by this earthquake.
Don's wife April
We also need your prayers for our mission team in Playa. Dean is forecast to be a category 4 or 5 when it makes landfall near Playa. Pray that we can get the volunteer team out of the country by Monday. Pray that this storm will weaken and or change courses.
Pray also for one our new local church Planters Carlos as we try to get the new service going in Nueva Creacion, in Playa.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
I shared our vision for the work in Playa with our home church in New Bern North Carolina tonight. Darla and I are staying at my parent's home in Greenville. One of our former church members from the Cancun church is staying with us tonight, April Waters. Her husband Don is working in Peru. We just saw on TV that a magnitude 7.9 earthquake struck off the coast of central Peru on Wednesday evening, killing 15 people and leaving 70 hurt. April has not yet been able to make contact with Don.
Please pray for Don and April tonight.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
We need your prayers as I'm meeting with two churches tomorrow. Pray that we will build our prayer support team and that God will put it on the hearts of these church leaders to PRAY, GO, and GIVE.
Also pray for our mission team in Playa Del Carmen.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Today at the airport in Little Rock a group of soldiers got off the plane just returning from Iraq and everyone in the airport stood and began applauding the troops. One lady behind me began to cry and she did not know these men. I forgot how patriotic Americans can be, that is still true at least in Arkansas.
The soldiers returning home reminded me one day we are going to arrive to our home in heaven and if we are obedient to His call to service we will be greeted with a Great heavenly applause..
Please if you Read this today please Pray for our Sunday services in Paamul and Playa Del Carmen.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Our Travel plans while we are in the States; August 8th -21st
Aug. 10th We are going to be in Arkadelphia for our daughter Brittany's 20th birthday
Aug. 11th We are flying to North Carolina
Aug. 12th We are going to be at Doug's Parent's church in Greenville
Aug. 14th Doug's 50th birthday
Aug 15th Meeting with missions leaders from Temple Baptist in New Bern for Lunch
Aug 15th Speaking at our home church in New Bern Tabernacle Baptist
Aug 19th Speaking at Spring Garden Baptist chruch in New Bern
Aug 20th Meeting with some leaders of Good Hope Church in Morrisville
Aug 21th We return to Mexico
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
This week Pastor Jose said he had a few people pray to recieve Christ on the Colosio Campus and they are starting another new small group out there . Carlos said the start of you new work in Nueva Creacion was a win. Cris said that his home group is growing and we are all praising God for these wins. We had 77 people come out for the Hot Dog Lunch last Sunday. I lead the service in Spanish this past week at the Paamul Campus, and the people seemed to understand, that was a big win.
Terry and Debbie Hill from Alaska are coming down to help us out while Darla and I are in the States and that is a win.
PRAISE THE LORD! They started work on our mission house.
Monday, August 6, 2007
This is our new home in Paamul. Following that great Mexican tradition the workers are going to start building our one bedroom grass roof house, manana. We hope to be in our new home by the first of the year but in that great gingo tradition we want it yesterday.