Thursday, May 14, 2009

We Made it back home to Mexico!

We made it! You can learn a lot about life on a road trip through Mexico.

Lesson number one - When you make a wrong turn, and you will in a country that doesn't believe in road signs, the sooner you can turn around the better. I found the same is true in life.

Lesson number two - If you travel in Mexico watch out for the speed bumps we call them "Topes" If you do not slow down to a snail's pace before hitting a tope, you can expect to launch your vehicle into flight, potentially damage your suspension, and possibly bite half-way through your tongue. I saw a sign in one small town that said if you would follow the rules life would have fewer topes.

Lesson number three- This is a heart breaking lesson. Not all Mexican policemen live by the same moral code as Andy Taylor from Mayberry. We were robbed by two traffic cops in Posa Rica. They took me to an ATM and made me hand over 4000 pesos … The lesson is one of the great problem we face all over the world it is self serving leaders.

Lesson number four - Keep your eyes on the goal… For me that was getting back home in Paamul. For Darla it was making it to the next bedroom. In life our eyes are on our home in heaven. Our home in Paamul is nice but it is not heaven. We got back to find a house with no water. The hot water heater and the water pump had both gone out a $950 repair. Also I lost my laptop, it dead. I am not sure but I think it might be a victim of that pig flu….. I did back it up but now I can not find any of the back up disk…. I lost your email address unless you are on facebook, so please email me….

We nee you prayer and support more now than ever......





Our backyard in Paamul


The one year old hot water heater.












Laptop dies in Paamul.....








My computer dead of H1N1 flu. It was runing a high fever for a few days and then just dead... Who Knew?



Night life in Paamul, Darla giving an after dark tour of our backyard tonight as the wild cactus are in full bloom.