Monday, June 22, 2009

Be careful what songs you sing

The words to one of the songs we often sing at church goes something this

"Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for
Brokenness is what I need"

I sometimes wonder if God is listening to the words of our worship songs. This weekend it seemed like he most have heard this song. Have you ever had a Sunday when everything broke. Or maybe God heard this Song that we sing a lot:

"When the music fades
All is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart"

You would not believe all the things that stop working this Sunday. I had worked all night Sat. reformatting the hard drive on my computer it was working great Sunday Morning and then for some unknown reason it would not work at all for the church services Sunday. Then the Sound System died at Paamul. So we had Fellowship Church unplugged in Paamul Sunday night. I had lost my sermon notes in the computer crash but for the most part I remembered my sermon. I also broke my glasses can you believe it. All was broken, no computer, no sound system, no sight, And my heart was also broken Sunday as I discovered that a good friend had really made some poor choices that is going to hurt many people. But in the middle of all this we still saw God at work.
After the service we checked out the sound system and the computer and it all worked great.


Coleman and his team of youth have been a great encouragement. They are getting to see missions life up close and we are learning once again life is not about stuff.