Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No Words nor Pictures can tell the story




I know the word miracle is a word that is over used today but I have no other words that can start to explain what took place this past weekend in the life of our work here in Mexico.


We had a tri-lingual baptism service in Paamul. Let me try to give you a little of the history behind what God is doing in the hearts of these who were Baptized.

First on the English speaking side of the church Terry Hill our English speaking pastor baptized Larry. Larry is a hotel owner in Playa and I have known him and have been sharing the Lord with him for 12 or 13 years Larry was always nice to me and we were friends through the years but he never wanted anything to do with the Lord. Well back in Nov. his wife at age 51 died of cancer. In the last few days of her life she gave her heart to Christ. I was able to preach her funeral in Spanish and English. It was a time of celebration of her life for those of us with faith in Jesus. To make a long story a little shorter, Sunday while I was in the Spanish service my friend Randy Carruth and Pastor Terry had an opportunity to pray with Larry. He said that he had already opened his heart to Christ and now he wanted to make that public. I would have to said after 13 years Larry was on my least likely to be baptized list but we kept on praying for him. Sunday we experience the miracle of a changed life.

It was an overwhelming weekend because we also saw the beginning of a breakthrough in Chan Chen... as the young leader of the village also stepped out in faith and followed the Lord in believers baptism. He is our man of peace in this small village.. Rodolfo is the first baptized believer in the history of his village. Pray as I work with him that he will lead many others to faith in Christ. It is not going to be easy for him.